- 3 links chorizo sausage, diced
- 1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 loaf cornbread
- 1 cup chick stock
- Butter chips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop onion and poblano pepper.
- Pulse bacon in food processor.
- Sauté onion, pepper, and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the fat renders from the bacon.
- Add diced sausage to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add the apple and cranberries/cherries. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Crumble cornbread into the pan and enough chicken stock to just coat the entire mixture.
- Pour into a baking dish and top with butter chips.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until edges become brown and crispy.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
This dish serves about 6 people.
For a less spicy dish, replace the poblano pepper with a red bell pepper.